I received my Master’s Degree from Columbia University after which I began my career as a career counselor/coach. I’ve worked with everyone, from seasoned veterans to aspiring professionals, to better understand their passions and strengths and help them define their professional mission and find satisfying, fulfilling work.
I founded Nina Friedman Career Services in 1983. My background includes training with Richard Bolles, author of What Color is your Parachute?, doing outplacement consulting with organizations, including Hughes Aircraft Corporation and Corporate Express. I’ve also worked on career development with organizations such as IBM and Ball Aerospace Corporation, in addition to executive-level coaching. I am certified in Gestalt therapy and Neurolinguistic Programming. I have lectured on many topics related to careers at Naropa University and the University of Colorado, been interviewed on television and radio and in newspapers, as well as written columns for the Business Plus section of the Boulder Daily Camera.
Abbreviated List of Published Articles:
- “CERTAIN SITUATIONS WARRANT MAKING CHANGES IN A CAREER”, Boulder Daily Camera Business Plus.
- “DEFINING AND PLANNING THE PATH TO A NEW CAREER”, Boulder Daily Camera Business Plus.
- “SELECTING YOUR BEST CAREER”, Boulder Daily Camera Business Plus.
- “HOW TO PRODUCE A RESUME THAT SELLS”, Boulder Daily Camera Business Plus.
- “SOME ADVICE FOR DIRECTING YOUR OSCAR-WINNING INTERVIEW”, Boulder Daily Camera Business Plus.
- “KIDS BACK TO SCHOOL”, Boulder County Kids Magazine, Fall, 2006.
- “FINDING WORK YOU WERE MEANT TO DO”, The Therapist Directory & Guide, 2009/2010